Anadol Rug Co. has always taken a formidable and uncompromising stand when it comes to sustainability and principles & protocols that ensure fair treatment and compensation for the people involved with the production of our products.
We work closely with our weavers so we are confident that no-one is exploited in the creation of our lovely rugs and source our materials as locally as we possibly can to reduce our carbon footprint.
We are passionately doing what we can to trade in a manner that is kind to our fellow humans and our precious planet.
What is Fairtrade?
It’s the belief that everyone should be fairly compensated for the work they do.
The fair trade movement has 10 principles…
1. Create opportunities for economically disadvantaged producers.
2. Be transparent and accountable.
3. Conduct fair trade practices.
4. Pay a fair price.
5. Guard against child labor and forced labor.
6. Promote gender equality and non discrimination.
7. Ensure good working conditions.
8. Provide capacity building.
9. Promote fair trade.
10. Respect for the environment.